Girls Box Lacrosse Winter League
The House of Sports believes in promoting the game of Box Lacrosse to players of all ages and skill levels in a safe and organized environment. From the novice to the advanced player, we offer leagues that suit any skill set.
We're excited to announce the 2016/17 schedule for our House of Sports Girls Lacrosse League. This year, we'll be having one - 9 game season starting the weekend of December 4th and running through the weekend of February 12th. Our 5th/6th divisions will be played on a 22x40 yard field and our 7th/8th grade division will be played on a 40x60 yard field. Our 5th/6th grade division will be 5v5 (including the goalie).
5/6th – Sundays: Games at 6:00pm
*February 5th games begin at 4:30pm*
5/6th - $1,800/team - $200 deposit (non-refundable) due at registration
Week 1: December 4th
Week 2: December 11th
Week 3: December 18th
No Games December 25th
No Games January 1st
Week 4: January 8th
Week 5: January 15th
Week 6: January 22nd
Week 7: January 29th
Week 8: February 5th
Week 9: February 12th
For additional information, please contact Maria Di Fato via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
(CLICK ON CREATE NEW TEAM LINK ON TOP RIGHT)
Winter League Rules
5th/6th Grade Rules
- 25 minute halves; 3 minute halftime
- All games will have 5 field players and a goalie
- No timeouts
- No out of bounds, we will play off of the walls
- No offsides; all 5 field players can go anywhere on the field
- A pass rule will be put into effect if a team is winning by more than 10 goals
- Following goals, the goalie will clear the ball back into play
- Draws will only take place at the start of each half
- A player who receives a yellow card must stay off the field for 1 minute. A new player will come on.
- No checking above the shoulders.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will NOT be permitted
- Mouthguards and eye goggles are mandatory
- Close fitting gloves and soft headware are permitted; no hard helmets may be worn except by the goalie
- Goalie must wear helmet, throat protector, chest protector, gloves, shoulder pads, arm pads and some form of leg padding. All protective devices should be close fitting, padded where necessary and not of excessive weight.
- Lacrosse stick is needed