Not long ago, on-field/court talent determined greatness. While sports specific skills are still critical, in today's ultra-competitive environment, what separates the good from the great is a players general athleticism. It is their speed, agility and strength then gives them the unique ability to single handedly change the game in an eye-popping, jaw dropping manner.
When being good is not good enough and greatness beckons, Athletic Republic, the nation's leading performance training program, provides the roadmap for success. Athletic Republic training can help you unlock your athletic potential and achieve things on the field/court that you never dreamed possible.
What separates Athletic Republic from the competition is that we GUARANTEE amazing results. We are able to do this because we offer sports-specific training protocols that are centered around our proprietary equipment. Instead of using standard ground-based workout items such as ladders and boxes, we employ sophisticated tools that have been designed from the ground up to allow athletes of all ages and abilities to safely improve their athleticism. An added benefit of being equipment based is that our athletes have more fun while working out which increases the likelihood that they will stick with their training regime.
How Does It Work
Athletic Republic breaks its training into the following two components:
Acceleration: Acceleration workouts are where an athlete works to improve their first step quickness and overall speed. Acceleration workouts consist of a 30 minute speed treadmill session, a 15 minute hip muscle strength/flexibility workout and 15 minute sports specific strength session.
Agility & Power: Agility/Power workouts where the athlete works to improve their agility and lower body power. This workout consists of a 30 minutes Plyo-Floor session where the athlete works on first step quickness and change of direction, 15 minutes on Plyo-Press which helps build lower body power and strength and finally 15 minutes on sports specific strength training.
Strength: This 30 or 60 minute workout is for athletes that wish to improve upper and lower body strength and power. Athletes spend a majority of their time using our custom racks.
A couple important points to note:
- Athletes purchase a block of training sessions. Sessions are offered every day after-school, evenings and weekends.
- Training sessions are typically done in small groups with a 6:1 athlete to coach ratio.
- Although the athlete is in a group setting, he/she is doing his/her own customized workout under the supervision of the instructor. The instructor will not only run the athlete through the assigned methodology but will evaluate his/her performance so the determination can be made whether to advance to the next, more advanced training protocol.
- In general, athletes are strongly encouraged to rotate their Acceleration & Power/Agility sessions.
- The best results occur when an athlete trains at least twice per week. However, our athletes have experienced dramatic improvements when only working out once per week over an 8-12 week period.
How many times per week should I train? To achieve the guaranteed results, Athletic Republic strongly recommends training 2x or more per week for at least 8 weeks. However, we have seen dramatic improvements when athletes train once per week for at least 8 weeks.
How many athletes are in the group training sessions? Small group training sessions are limited to 6 athletes.
Do you offer private 1 on 1 training? Yes. For dramatic results consider this intensive training option.
Are your trainers certified? Yes. To train in our facility, every instructor must be certified by Athletic Republic.
After I purchase a package, can I train whenever I want? Yes, but training sessions need to be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. In addition, it is best to schedule training sessions as far in advance as possible as the most popular times tend to fill up quickly.