Protocols and Best Practices
At House of Sports, our primary concern is the health and safety of our customers, staff, and all of their families. As we reopen House of Sports, we are taking all possible measures to protect everyone who enters the facility. Please see below new protocols and best practices to facilitate that social distancing is followed, and the facility remains clean and safe:
- House of Sports strictly adheres to all CDC, New York State, and Westchester County Health Department guidelines and mandates;
- Dedicated cleaning crew continuously disinfects bleachers, player benches, rest rooms, and common areas with new Electrostatic Foggers containing virus-killing Botanical Disinfectant Solution;
- Additional hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the facility and are continuously refilled;
- Facility square footage is sufficient to allow social distancing;
- Athletes 9 years old and younger may only be accompanied by one parent/guardian in the facility. Athletes 10 years old and older must be dropped off for programming as there is not spectators are allowed due to facility capacity limits.
- All employees are subject to health checks including temporal thermometer scans prior to entering the facility;
- All employees and coaches are to wear facemasks (as mandated) and will be required to wash or sanitize their hands regularly throughout their shifts;
- Food and beverage service is suspended, including vending;
- Water fountains are closed;
- Customers will enter through the front doors and follow walking traffic arrows throughout the facility;
- Increased ventilation settings in the facility including HVAC upgraded to meet Merv 13 certification
- Facility capacity reduced from 1,500+ to 225;
- Please stay home if you have a fever or cold and/or flu-like symptoms. Temporal thermometer scans will be utilized for select programs and are available at Guest Services.
- All coaches and athletes participating programming are required to wear masks at all times inside the facility, including during sports participation. To be very clear, our policy requires all athletes to wear masks during programming. If athletes cannot tolerate the face-covering at a certain point, they should step out of the program momentarily, distance themselves from the group and take a mask break.
As Covid 19 is a fluid situation and guidelines may change, these protocols and best practices are subject to change by House of Sports at any time at the sole discretion of management in order to maximize customer and employee safety.
Please see our website www.houseofsportsny.com for programming details and facility updates.
Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.